Smartlipo™ Laser Liposuction
This exciting technique involves the use of a laser to dissolve and remove pockets of fat while at the same time tighten overlying skin in the face as well as almost anywhere in the body. The laser breaks up the fat cells, liquefying them to allow gentle suction removal. Since the laser also causes small blood vessels to coagulate (gel) immediately on contact, there often may be less bleeding and swelling than with traditional liposuction. This advanced laser procedure gently heats up the overlying skin, promoting collagen formation to enhance skin tightening and firming. Performed in our licensed Bel-Red Ambulatory Surgical Facility, our technique offers patients the choice of local anesthesia while awake or sedation “twilight sleep” for maximum comfort and safety. For more information, click here for a comparison between liposuction and a standard abdominoplasty.
Smart liposuction Before/After
Related Smart Liposuction & Laser Lipo Procedures
How Does Smartlipo™ Work?
Through a tiny cannula, the Smartlipo TRIPLEXTM allows accurate sculpting and reshaping of problem areas like love handles, bra roll, stomach pooch, inner and outer thigh, saddle bags, facial jowls and double chin. Cellulite may also be improved using the Smartlipo TRIPLEXTM technique. With its tightening capability, the Smartlipo TRIPLEXTM method enables customized treatment to contour and firm areas such as the chin, neck and arms in persons who have little or no fatty tissue and mostly loose skin. While these individuals are not candidates for conventional, traditional lipo-sculpture (liposuction), they may benefit from laser-assisted skin tightening to avoid larger surgical procedures such as a facelift, a tummy-tuck or an arm lift (brachioplasty).
After Your Smartlipo™ Laser Liposuction Procedure
You will be encouraged to walk around as soon as possible after the procedure and most patients have little discomfort. Although strenuous exercise should be avoided for about two weeks, patients can usually return to work within a few days to a week following their liposuction treatment.
With the fat removed, the treated area will appear tighter and flatter. As healing takes place, the skin and surrounding area will remodel and adjust to your new body contour over the next few months. Since remodeling is a gradual process, it can sometimes take up to 6 months for full improvement.
Make an appointment with us at the Bel-Red Center for Aesthetic Surgery to see if our technique of tumescent liposuction along with Smartlipo TRIPLEXTM laser-assisted precision lipo-sculpting is right for you!!
If you are considering smart liposuction in Seattle, Bellevue, Redmond, Tacoma, Everett, Olympia or the surrounding area please contact Bel Red Center for Aesthetic Surgery for a consultation! We’ve performed dozens of successful smart liposuction surgeries and can help you understand the entire process and what to expect with your successful surgery if you decide to move forward!
- What is SmartLipo?
- Smartlipo™ TriPlex is an advanced three wavelength liposuction technique that uses an FDA approved medical device to perform lipolysis, also known as laser liposuction. First a fluid (tumescent fluid) that numbs the area and constricts blood vessels is gently injected into the area to be treated. Through a tiny incision a thin tube or cannula is then inserted into the treatment area. A laser fiber then directs the energy of one or more of the three different wavelengths to efficiently dissolve fatty deposits resistant to diet and exercise. These wavelengths can be used in single or blended mode allowing precision, customized treatment depending on patient type and treatment area. Each of the three wavelengths is best absorbed by a specific tissue thus allowing targeting for individualized effect. The blood coagulating affinity of one of the wavelengths results in less bleeding and thus less bruising, allowing faster recovery. Tough fibrous areas such as male breast (gynecomastia) or revision areas are easily melted with the 1440 nm wavelength. By gently heating the overlying skin, laser liposuction induces new collagen production and skin contraction. This is especially effective in the loose skin
- Who is a candidate for SmartLipo?
- Adults with firm elastic skin and good muscle tone.
- Adults with areas of fat deposits which are resistant to diet and exercise.
- How can I prepare for SmartLipo?
- There are several things that you should do to prepare for your procedure including:
- Quit smoking
- Avoid blood thinners including aspirin and anti-inflammatory medication for about ten days before surgery
- Avoid herbal supplements and vitamin E for about ten days before surgery to minimize bleeding.
- Keep your weight under control
- Laboratory blood tests may be indicated
- What kind of anesthesia is used during SmartLipo?
- Laser liposuction can be performed under oral or IV “twilight sleep” anesthesia along with the local tumescent anesthetic infused for maximal comfort. Smaller areas can be done comfortably with the patient awake. At Bel-Red Center for Aesthetic Surgery all types of anesthesia are offered to our Seattle and Bellevue patients in our state-licensed and Medicare-Certified surgical center.
- What can I expect during the SmartLipo procedure?
- Due to the minimally invasive nature of SmartLipo, as well as the fact it is done under local anesthesia or IV sedation, you will have minimal discomfort. During the procedure, you may feel some minor pressure. Some patients are comfortably awake during the procedure.
- What can I expect after the SmartLipo procedure? What is the recovery time for SmartLipo?
- While you may experience some minor bruising, you should be able to return to your normal routine, including work, within a day or two. Patients are encouraged to remain active after the surgery to promote healing. You may shower 24 hours after your procedure. You may also experience some aches similar to those experienced after a physical workout. This minor pain can be relieved with over-the-counter pain medications. Patients are dressed in a compression garment after the surgery to reduce swelling. The elastic garment is worn for about two weeks to retain your new body contour. Results can be seen immediately after the procedure but the final contour evolves and refines over weeks to several months as swelling decreases and the skin tightens.
- What are the risks associated with SmartLipo?
- As with any medical or cosmetic procedures, there are some possible risks and side effects. The most common are bruising, swelling, and mild discomfort. Other risks include blisters, burns, bleeding, infection, or need for revision. During your consultation, all risks will be explained.
- How much does SmartLipo cost?
- The cost of SmartLipo depends on the extent and number of areas to be done. The price will be discussed during your consultation.