Bellevue, Seattle Silhouette Facelift – A Facelift Without Scars
We continually strive to innovate and provide a wide variety of facial rejuvenation procedures at the Bel-Red Center for Aesthetic Surgery. The Silhouette Lift ® offers facial rejuvenation of the early, mild to moderate facial aging changes (sagging of cheeks and jowls) commonly seen in women and men in their forties and older. Unlike any other thread lifts, the revolutionary Silhouette Lift does not use any long term, barbed sutures! Instead, several bio-absorbable cones strung on a suture engage the subcutaneous (under the skin ) tissue layer and allow for lifting and suspension of tissues. These sutures are secured to a deeper layer in the temple region hidden by hair. This revolutionary face lift procedure can be performed under local anesthesia in about one hour and unlike the Lifestyle Lift ® it does not leave any visible scars.
Lifting of mid-cheek tissues and other areas such as the eyebrows without any visible scars is now possible! Dr. Zemplenyi is the first facial plastic surgeon in the entire Northwest to offer this minimally invasive procedure to those patients who, for various reasons, are not ready for more conventional, open procedures, also see Cheek and Facelifts. The Silhouette Lift allows patients with mild to moderate changes a simpler alternative to more conventional procedures.
The minimally-invasive, FDA-approved Silhouette Lift technique uses biocompatible, absorbable cones that cause less trauma and avoid the complications that were seen with older barbed suture thread lifts. Within six months the cones will have fully absorbed, and only the strands of highly bio-compatible polypropylene sutures that have been used safely for decades in other fields of surgery remain in the tissues. Silhouette Lift has been FDA approved in the United States since 2006 and has been further modified more recently. No wonder the Silhouette Lift procedure has been successfully performed on thousands of patients in 57 countries.
Silhouette Lift Results
Most patients see immediate and noticeable results from the Silhouette Lift. Typically, patients resume normal activities within two to three days following the non-surgical facelift and have fully recovered in two weeks.
Because of the unique Silhouette sutures, the Silhouette Lift procedure results are long lasting. However, since we cannot stop the aging process, patients may need to maintain the lifting effect. In a relatively quick and simple procedure, the Silhouette sutures can be retightened if needed. Youthful appearance may also be maintained with other procedures such Botox and dermal fillers, skin care products and fractionated laser skin resurfacing.
Image below is courtesy of Richard Goldfarb, MD
Images below are courtesy of Arkady Kagan, MD
Putting it all together
By its ability to truly lift tissues, this “lunch-time facelift” the Silhouette Lift ® differs from other non-invasive procedures such as the “Liquid facelift” by Sculptra TM or “Vampire facelift ®” which replace facial volume but result in only minimal upward lifting of cheeks and other facial areas. In some patients, however, Dr. Zemplenyi can deliver an even more comprehensive improvement with combination treatment of lifting, volume replacement with fat transfer or fillers, and skin tightening and fat removal with SmartLipo. Available singly, in succession or in combination, there is a vast array of new, exciting procedures –procedures which leave minimal scarring or down time– offered in our office. Contact us to make an appointment!
Silhouette Lift FAQ
- What is a Silhouette Facelift?
- The Silhouette Facelift is a procedure that can rejuvenate and lift the face without the use of permanent, barbed sutures as in a thread lift. It is also less invasive than a conventional facelift which requires a longer recovery period.
- Who is a candidate for a Silhouette Facelift?
- This procedure is ideal for healthy people experiencing mild to moderate sagging in the lower and middle facial areas.
- What is the Silhouette Facelift procedure?
- The Silhouette Facelift is a procedure that can provide rejuvenation effects without having to undergo a traditional facelift, with its associated risks. During a Silhouette Lift absorbable cones suspended on a suture are threaded into the areas that need lifting. These cones are absorbed by the body within six months, leaving the suture behind to support the tissue. There are no visible scars left after the Silhouette lift since there are no incisions placed in front of or behind the ears.
- What kind of anesthesia is used during a Silhouette Facelift?
- A local anesthetic is used most of the time during the procedure.
- How can I prepare for a Silhouette Facelift?
- You should not take aspirin or any other medications that can thin the blood two weeks prior to the procedure.
- What can I expect during a Silhouette Facelift?
- Absorbable cones on sutures will be placed under the skin to allow for a lifting effect. These cones will be full absorbed in about six months, with the small suture threads remaining.
- What can I expect post-procedure from a Silhouette Facelift
- You should see almost immediate results. The lift can be maintained and retightened to keep the uplifted effects.
- What is the recovery time from a Silhouette Facelift?
- Patients are usually able to return to their normal routines within two to three days, with a full recovery in two weeks.
- What are the risks associated with Silhouette Facelift?
- As with any surgical procedure, there are some risks and complications including bruising, bleeding, infection or accumulation of fluid under the skin. Other risks include inflammation of the scar and tissue, and uneven skin surface.
- What is the cost of a Silhouette Facelift?
- The cost for a Silhouette Facelift will be discussed at the time of the pre-operative visit.
Absolutely awesome, helped with all our needs, and had a smile the whole time