Bellevue, Seattle Neck Liposuction
Liposuction is an excellent method for removal of unwanted fat cells. Dilute local anesthetic solution is infiltrated as tumescent fluid (see Body Lipocontouring). Neck liposuction is performed through very small incisions behind the ears and under the chin. A compressive bandage is applied at the completion of the procedure.
The tumescent technique dramatically reduces the amount of bruising from the procedure. Neck liposuction can be performed alone or in conjunction with other rejuvenation such as a facelift/neck lift. Once the excess fat is removed, the overlying skin conforms to its new contour. Younger skin has more elasticity and tends to contract more rapidly and smoothly than older skin. Thus, in Dr. Zemplenyi’s extensive experience neck liposuction produces best results in younger patients who are also not excessively thin.
An elastic, compressive bandage is usually worn for a few days after surgery and then at night for about two several weeks. Bruising or discoloration, if any, will usually disappear in about two weeks, but some mild swelling can last for several weeks. Patients return to work in about three days, and the discomfort is usually minimal easily controlled with pain medications are needed.
Neck Lift / Neck Liposuction FAQ
- What is a neck lift?
- A neck lift is a procedure that addresses aging changes in the neck. As we age, the skin loses its elasticity, facial supporting structures loosen, and fat accumulates in undesirable areas - "turkey waddle", neck banding and double chin are the result. A tighter, well contoured neck with a more defined jaw line is Dr. Zemplenyi's objective for his Seattle, Bellevue patients.
- Who is a candidate for a neck lift/neck liposuction?
- Persons with loose neck skin, double chin, neck banding or "turkey gobbler neck" are all candidates for neck rejuvenation.
- What kind of anesthesia is used during neck lift and neck liposuction?
- Neck rejuvenation is usually performed under IV sedation, "twilight sleep" anesthesia which allows for comfort, no recollection or the procedure and fast recovery after the surgery. Injection of local anesthetic further numbs the surgical area and decreases on bleeding.
- How can I prepare for neck lift / neck liposuction?
- Taking care of your well-being will make both the surgery and recovery easier. Thus eating a healthy diet, performing regular cardiovascular exercise, avoiding smoking and keeping weight under control will promote uncomplicated healing. If you are on blood pressure medications, your hypertension should be under good control. You need to avoid blood thinners including aspirin for about ten days prior to surgery. Herbal supplements and vitamin E should likewise be avoided for that amount of time prior surgery to minimize the possibility of bleeding. We dedicate our pre-operative visit to review and counsel patients about all pertinent precautions. An electrocardiogram and a clearance by your primary care physician is required if you are over sixty years old and sometimes younger, as dictated by your particular health circumstances. Laboratory testing may also be indicated. You will receive and our staff will review pre-operative instructions about medications and food intake for the night before and the morning of surgery. Loose fitting, comfortable clothing that unbuttons in the front should be worn the day of surgery. Clothing that slips over the head should not be worn. It is also important to arrange for post-operative care with someone to pick you up after the procedure and stay with you the night following surgery. Post-operative visits will be arranged with Dr. Zemplenyi who always on call at any time after surgery for questions and concerns.
- What can I expect during neck lift and neck liposuction?
- The procedures performed depend on your concerns and goals and include some or all of the following. A facelift is frequently performed with a neck lift to optimize esthetic results. Neck Banding:
- The muscle bands that become prominent along the neck can be tightened with a cervicoplasty, also known as a platysmaplasty. Through small incisions under the chin and/or behind the ears, loose neck muscles are accessed and tightened by precisely place sutures. With good skin tone the neck will assume a firmer, rejuvenated look as the skin tightens around the now repositioned muscles.
- If banding alone, and not sagging, loose skin, is the major problem, neuromodulators such as Botox, Xeomin or Dysport can be injected into the offending muscle bands to decrease banding when the muscle is tensed. This effect lasts two to four months requiring re-injection for maintenance. With repeated treatment the muscle will require less frequent injections.
- What can I expect after the procedure? What is the recovery time for neck lift/liposuction?
- Neck lift and neck liposuction are outpatient procedures with patients leaving the outpatient surgical center within an hour of surgery. The surgical area is bandaged and a drain may be placed to prevent fluid accumulation. Drains, if placed, and bandages are removed after a day or two and sutures, unless self-absorbing, are removed ten or so days after surgery. While healing, the head should be kept elevated to speed resolution of swelling. Post-operative bruising and swelling, if present, gradually resolve over two to four weeks with patients able to return to work and social activities after a week to 10 days. Vigorous activity, however, should be delayed for three to four weeks.
- What Are Risks Associated With Neck Lift / Neck Liposuction?
- In our certified and state-licensed surgical center patient safety and comfort are our main concerns. The risk to your general health from cosmetic surgical procedures including neck rejuvenation is very low. However, no surgery should ever be taken lightly, and fastidious precautions related to the entire surgical operative care must be followed. As with other cosmetic surgeries, neck lift risks include: unfavorable scarring, wound healing issues, numbness, infection, blood accumulation (hematoma), fluid accumulation, need for revision, bumpiness of skin and skin loss. Rare sequelae can include deep vein thrombosis, cardiac, pulmonary and anesthetic related complications.
- What Is The Cost For Neck Liposuction?
- The cost for neck lift and neck liposuction depends on the procedures or combination of procedures performed. The cost can range from $5,000 to $7,000.
Caleb was an amazing help!! so thankful to have gotten this done so quickly today. Driving off the lot w a reliable car was my concern and he got it done. thank you caleb!