How can I prepare for liposuction/body contouring?
You will undergo a preliminary physical exam to ensure that you are healthy enough for the procedure. You will also have photos taken before the procedure, your weight and measurements of the treatment areas will be taken. You may receive additional instructions and have the opportunity to ask any questions during this pre-op consultation.
There are several things that you should do to prepare for your procedure including:
• Stop smoking
• Avoid blood thinners including aspirin and anti-inflammatory medication for about ten days before surgery
• Avoid herbal supplements and vitamin E for about ten days before surgery to minimize bleeding.
• Keep your weight under control
• Laboratory blood tests may be indicated
• Arrange for a responsible adult to take you home and stay with you after the procedure