How can I prepare for breast augmentation surgery?
During your initial consultation your options for implant type, incision location and implant placement will be thoroughly discussed. Implant sizers will be used to determine the implant size and profile to best fulfill your needs and expectations.
You will undergo exam and tests including:
- Examination of your overall health status
- A baseline mammogram
- Photographs to be included in your records
- Measurements of your breast size and shape
You will be asked to:
- Stop smoking
- Not use aspirin, anti-inflammatory medications, herbal supplements or vitamin E for at least ten days since all can increase bleeding tendency
- Arrange for a reliable adult to pick you up after surgery and stay with you at least overnight