What can I expect during the breast implant/augmentation procedure?
- The majority of breast augmentation surgery is done in outpatient surgical facilities under general anesthesia.
- There will be a small incision made in one of the sites previously discussed with the surgeon.
- The selected implant, saline or silicone, will be inserted in a pocket made either under the breast tissue or under the muscle.
- The chosen implant will reflect the size and profile that will best complement the patient’s proportions and fulfill her desired augmentation.
- Dr. Zemplenyi uses a special device, the Keller Funnel, for gentle implant insertion to decrease the chance of skin contact and bacterial contamination.
- Incisions are closed in layered fashion with dissolvable sutures.
- Incision lines will fade over time.