Eyelid Surgery Trending in Seattle
It’s no surprise that blepharoplasty (eyelid surgery) is hugely popular here in the Seattle area. People of Asian descent make up a significant part of the Seattle area population. It’s part of what make Seattle and most of the West Coast so interesting and cultural. And eyelid surgery is one of if not the most popular cosmetic surgeries sought out by Asians. Those of Asian descent have eyelids that typically start at the crease very close to the eyelashes. Because of this genetic characteristic, the eyes tend to look smaller without a prominent crease to define their upper eyelid.
Blepharoplasty changes the appearance of the eyelids by making eyes look more vibrant and often bigger, especially for Asians who are born with small appearing eyes. Here a list of a few of the many benefits that eyelid surgery can offer:
- It gives a rejuvenated appearance to the surrounding area of your eyes, making you look more rested and alert.
- Surgery to the upper eyelids can remove excess skin that gives the appearance of puffiness in the upper eyelids.
- Eyelid lift surgery can fix loose or sagging skin that creates folds or disturbs the natural contour of the upper eyelid and which can sometimes impair vision.
- Excess skin (those darn bags with dark circles) and fine wrinkles in the lower lid can also be removed by lower eyelid blepharoplasty
Although blepharoplasty is a popular trend among Asians and others, remember, you should only undergo cosmetic surgery for yourself, and not to fulfil someone else’s desires or to try to fit into any sort of ideal image. Blepharoplasty is a great procedure for many people, but it’s also important to make sure you have realistic goals and are a good candidate for this type of surgery. Dr. Jan Zemplenyi at Bel-Red Center for Aesthetic Surgery in Bellevue will help you know if you would be a good candidate for cosmetic surgery. Typically, good candidates for blepharoplasty include:
- Healthy individuals who do not have a life-threatening illness or medical conditions that can impair healing
- Individuals without serious eye conditions
- People with a positive outlook and specific goals in mind for blepharoplasty
Also, any medical information you provide to Dr. Zemplenyi is extremely helpful to avoid complications and to ensure optimal results and healing. Some important medical conditions that may complicate eyelid surgery included but are not limited to:
- Eye disease such as glaucoma, dry eye or a detached retina
- Thyroid disorders such as Graves’ disease and under or overactive thyroid
- Cardiovascular disease, high blood pressure or other circulatory disorders or diabetes
Contact our office today if you live in the Seattle area and are interested in knowing how blepharoplasty can help you. Our qualified staff will happily assist you every step of the way.
Caleb was an amazing help!! so thankful to have gotten this done so quickly today. Driving off the lot w a reliable car was my concern and he got it done. thank you caleb!