Draft Page LIQUID RHINOPLASTY: THE NON-SURGICAL NOSE-JOB
Your Lunch-Time Nose-Job
A non-surgical nose-job or liquid rhinoplasty is an alternative to conventional nasal surgery. This alternative method uses fillers, instead of surgery, to reshape the nose. The procedure involves small, precise injections of one of several fillers into specific areas of the nose to achieve the desired result. The procedure takes about 15 to 30 minutes. If necessary, touch-ups can be done on a follow-up visit several weeks later.
Who is a good candidate for non-surgical rhinoplasty?
The ideal candidate for a filler rhinoplasty has a small to moderate problem which they wish to address. The non-surgical rhinoplasty can be used to:
- Build up the bridge of the nose (raise the nasal dorsum)
- Smooth or camouflage a nasal hump
- Straighten crooked or curving areas
- Define the tip of the nose
- Fill in unevenness or depressions
In Asian and African-American patients, fillers provide a simple way to build up the bridge of the nose. Post-injury or post-surgery individuals can use fillers to even out irregularities. By augmenting volume in a variety of ways, fillers can restore proportion and harmony to the nose and face.
What are the benefits of dermal fillers for liquid rhinoplasty?
- Fillers can be precisely targeted to the area needing contouring without affecting other nasal parts
- Fillers are temporary and most can be easily reversed
- The procedure does not require sedation and can be done with the patient’s input during the process
- There is little or no down-time for the procedure with patients able to return to normal activities right away. There may be some bruising or swelling.
What are the limitations of the filler nose-job?
A non-surgical rhinoplasty can improve defects such as irregularities or concavities but it cannot make a nose smaller or narrower. Patients wanting to reduce the size of the nose or portions of the nose will need to have traditional surgical rhinoplasty as performed by Dr. Zemplenyi. Because it is reversible, the filler needs to be re-applied every six months or so to maintain the same level of correction. The risks involved with nasal fillers are the same as those with fillers used in other parts of the face.
Bel-Red Center for Aesthetic Surgery Patient Result:
Great experience. Easy to work with. Would recommend this company if your in a bind.